If you’re struggling with your skin problems, then now is the time you sit back and allow us to show you a bigger picture. Where there are problems, there are solutions too, and in this regard, there’s something unusual waiting for you. Suspense aside, we’re talking about onions.
When talking about onions, we usually think of our bad experiences with them. Eyes full of tears when chopping off and a mouth full of stinky smell when eating. Is that it? Or maybe it’s just one side of the image. If we flip the coin and look at the bright side, then onion can come as a game-changer in your life.
Onion juice – A Game-Changer for Skin
You might be thinking about what exactly we are talking about. What if we say onion can help you overcome your skin problems? You heard it correct. We’re here to introduce you to the benefits of onion juice for the skin as well as other health concerns.
No doubt onion is the most used vegetable all around the globe, and people of eastern countries widely use it for remedies. From skin problems to hair solutions, body pain to infections, onion, especially onion juice, plays a crucial role in this regard.
Nutrition Guideline of Onion
You might be wondering how the onion is connected to skin problems’ solutions. Keeping this query in mind, it’s time we take a glimpse into its nutrition profile.
Onion is one of those vegetables that can be used both cooked and raw. Being free of any fat or cholesterol, a cup of chopped onion possesses almost 64 calories, out of which 2 grams are protein, 15 grams of carbohydrates, 7 grams of sugar, and 3 grams of dietary fibre.
Deluded with antioxidants quercetin, some quantity of minerals (phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium), and vitamins (B6, B9, C), onion possesses the ability to take the beauty of your skin to the highest skies.
Why Should You Use Onion for Skincare?
Onion is not just a healthy vegetable that nature provides us, but also a blessing that if we use it accurately, the results can be mesmerizing. Keeping skincare in mind, onions have vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and all other nutrients that not only make you look young but also enhance your skin health more than ever before.
There’s no chance we talk about onion but not about onion juice. With that said, let’s come to the point.
Which Type of Onion To Use for Making the Juice?
Making the onion juice is like a piece of cake, but the thing is, which type of onion are you going to use? If you’re hearing about the types of onion for the first time, then don’t panic; we’re here to help. Here are some most common ones:
Sweet onions: Cloudy skin and fatty structure, this category of onions are light and sweet like its name.
Yellow onions: White Flesh guarded with heavy brown skin, this category of onions has a sulfur-like smell.
White Onions: Commonly used all over the world, this category has got papery white skin and tastes sweeter than yellow onions.
Red Onions: Eye-catching to everyone, these onions can be eaten raw because of their sweet taste.
So if you’re done with the types, it’s time we talk about which onion to use. After consulting with the experts and nutritionist, we’d suggest you get your hands on white onions. Keeping in mind its characteristics, the results will be higher in your favour.
Onion Juice – Complete Guideline
Before we talk about the real deal, you need to keep this thing in mind that you have to follow some guidelines before giving it a shot. The reason behind that is you don’t want to take any chance concerning your health.
Without further ado, let’s talk about the business.
Onion juice sounds like a hell of a mission, but don’t panic; we’re here to help. You don’t have to use any rocket science, just grab some ingredients and bingo! You’ll need:
- A Juice
- A Glass Jar
- A Knife
- 3-4 Onions (medium-sized preferred)
If you’re finding it hard, then follow these steps.
- Peel an onion smoothly and wash it in freshwater leaving no debris behind.
- Dry it and cut it into small pieces with the help of a sharp knife.
- Put the pieces in the juicer, and let it extract the purest juice from it.
- Once it’s done, take a glass jar and transfer the juice into it.
Yes, it’s this simple. Now, here are some remedies you can use to glow your skin:
Onion Juice and Gram Flour Face Mask
- ½ tablespoon of onion juice
- ½ tablespoon of gram flour
- ½ tablespoon of milk
- A little bit (pinch) nutmeg
- 2-3 drops of essential oil (use your favourite one)
- Cotton ball
- Grab the above-mentioned ingredients and put them in a bowl.
- Mix it efficiently. You can add a few drops of milk to make things work smoothly.
- Add a few drops of your essential oil to remove the stinky smell of the onion.
- Your mask is ready. Now apply it to your skin after cleaning it. After 20-30 minutes, grab a cotton ball, soak it in milk, and wipe off the mask.
- Use the same procedure twice a week for the best results.
Onion Juice and Tomato Juice Face Mask (Anti-Acne)
- ½ tablespoon of onion juice
- ½ tablespoon of tomato juice
- ½ tablespoon of neem oil
- Cotton balls
- Grab all the ingredients, put them in a bowl and mix them.
- Seek help from a cotton ball to apply the paste to your face.
- Wash your face after 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat the same procedure twice a week to overcome acne and other problems.
Keep this thing in mind that if you’re allergic to tomatoes, then avoid using this mask.
Onion Juice and Yogurt (Youth Radiance)
- ½ tablespoon of onion juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh yoghurt
- 1-2 drops of essential oil (use your favourite one)
- Mix the ingredients to make a paste.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to suppress the stinky smell of onion.
- Gently massage it for 5-10 minutes with your hand.
- Wipe your face with a clean piece of cloth or wash with warm water.
- Repeat the same procedure 2-3 days a week for a radiant glow.
The procedure will eliminate all the impurities that are becoming a hurdle to your face’s glow.
Benefits of Onion Juice for Skin
The benefits of the onion, whether related to biological or external, are challenging to count on fingers. It’s hardly possible, to sum up, all of them in a single shot, but for your convenience, we’ll talk about some most-prominent of them. Grab a cup of tea and scroll down.
- Protects from the sun:
If you’re skin conscious, then you might not be a good fan of the sun. So, are you going to live the rest of your life in the shadows? Of course not. That’s the reason onion juice can cover your back in this regard. Full of antioxidants vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E, onion juice possesses the ability to protect your skin from the ultraviolet radiation of the sun.
- Protects from wrinkles:
Wrinkles both looks and sounds terrible, especially on the beautiful face of yours; that’s the reason it’s time you farewell them. Onion juice will be your saviour in this regard. Full of the antioxidant quercetin and sulfur-rich phytochemicals, onion juice plays a key role as an inflammatory agent against wrinkles. Isn’t it worth applauding? It’ll be, especially when you’ll see the results.
- Perfect for skin whitening:
If you’re looking forward to making your skin glow, then there is no better option than onion juice. The vitamins present in it, especially vitamin C, will leave no stones unturned nourishing your skin. A healthy, attractive, and full of radiance face will be your fate.
- Guardian against acne and scars:
Acne and scars are a growing problem, especially among young people, but you can overcome them with smart work. Onion juice, in this regard, will not let you down. The onion itself is antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory, but its juice can play a crucial role in fighting against infections, bacteria, eliminating inflammation, healing the scars, and preventing your skin from further damage.
- Onion juice as a blood purifier:
Once you apply onion juice to your smooth skin, the toxic particles will vanish into the thin air. The antioxidants present in it eliminate harmful particles from the bloodstream, which further purifies your skin and acts as a guardian to protect your skin from annoying issues.
- Prevent skin infections (Dark Spots):
You might be annoyed with the unnecessary dark spots on your skin. Why don’t you eliminate them without any rocket science? Onion juice acts as an antibacterial and antiseptic that can overcome any type of infection, dark spots, in particular.
How To Use Onion Juice to Remove Patches, Spots & Pigmentation?
Numerous problems will be gone with just one solution. Yes, we’re talking about onion juice. Vitamin C in it will help to remove dark spots, patches, and pigmentation. Follow the procedure to get the best results:
- ½ tablespoon of onion juice
- 4-5 drops of lavender oil
- one tablespoon of plain yoghurt
- Turmeric powder
- Cotton ball
- Mix a tablespoon of yoghurt with one tablespoon of fresh onion juice. Add 4-5 drops of lavender oil to suppress the stinky smell of onion. Massage gently with the help of your fingertips. The results will be satisfactory.
- Prepare a mixture by adding a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and two tablespoons of fresh onion juice. Apply the mixture gently to your skin with the help of a cotton ball. Wash your face with warm water after 10-20 minutes. The results will be right before you.
- Take a pinch of turmeric powder and mix it with one tablespoon of fresh onion juice. Massage your face on a daily basis. The results will be worth complimenting.
Few Reasons To Avoid Using Onion
No doubt onions possess numerous benefits, but sometimes it can result in your favour. Here are some of the most prominent reason why’s that:
- Skin Irritation:
If you’ve got sensitive skin or are allergic to onion, then we’d suggest you avoid using the juice because there are chances you might not bear irritation. The alternative step you can take is to test it on a small portion of your skin. If things go perfectly, then what else do you want?
- Stinky Smell:
A common problem all over the world is the stinky smell of onion. Who’d want to sit next to you when you apply onion juice to your skin? You can flip the scenario by following the methods we’ve mentioned above.
- Pregnant Women:
We’d suggest you avoid using onion juice during the pregnancy period because of the heartburn it can cause.
Excessive use of union can lead to heartburn, which sounds terrible. If you don’t want to experience the situation, then pay special heed to the user guidelines.
Nature is truly something that, if we explore, miracles will be right before us. It has provided us with everything that can be super-beneficial in our daily lives. Onion is one of those blessings. We’ve discussed the benefits of onion juice for the skin in detail.
Keeping professionalism in mind, we left no stones unturned to introduce you to the benefits of onion juice. Consulted with the experts, we did our best to convey the message in the simplest way possible.
From the dark spots to skin whitening, anti-acne to anti-ageing, onion juice can cover your back. The only thing you’ve to do is find yourself some free time, prepare the juice, and enjoy the results.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Which type of onion is the best for making onion juice?
A: All of them possess some significance in their own way, but the white onion, because of its benefits, will be the best for making onion juice.
Q: Can we drink onion juice?
A: Yes, keeping the guidelines in mind, you can drink onion juice. It’ll help to improve your digestion and eliminate stomach issues. Also, it’ll help to control hair fall and improve your skin.
Q: What is the routine of using onion juice?
A: We’d suggest you use the mixture twice a week to get the best results. More than that can cause skin irritation, and less than that will not be enough.
Q: Are there any side effects of onion juice?
A: Of course there are, especially; if you play against the rules. Excessive use of it can cause skin irritation. The stinky smell can drive you crazy if you forgot to add a few drops of essential oil. If you want to avoid these situations, follow the guidelines we’ve mentioned in the article above.